Thursday, August 2, 2007

Today I got to experience the joy of packing 4 days worth
of clothing, bedding, mosquito net and other necesseties
in under 10 kg (22lbs). As of right now I'm still one
pound over. Unfortunately my bedding weighs 7lbs. I guess
I'm going to take out some shirts and wash my clothes in
the river. This is really a missionary experience.
Tomorrow I'm flying out to a village somewhere in PNG.

I'm excited to see what it's like to live in the village.
We will have no electricity where I'm staying, but us
girls do have shower (probably bucket, but that's no big
deal now). The boys have to bath in the river, so we've been told.

I'm excited about meeting the national believers and going
to church with them on Sunday.

Pray that the weather holds out for us to get in and out.
We're taking a small plane into and out of the village.
It's rainy season in the village, so it's been difficult to
get to. One of the missionaries hiked (16hrs) into the
village yesterday so we could have a weather report. I
guess the planes were flying in today.

If the weather allows us to return to campus, I'll post
about my trip on Wednesday. If not I guess you'll have to
wait until I get home to America.

No comments: