Sunday, August 12, 2007

Reflections

I finally got home yesterday after 3 long days of travel. It's good to be back. My flights went well, only a couple were bumpy. It took 6 flights to get home.

Friday was a really long day, I saw two sunsets. While thinking about the day, I got a better view of God's timelessness. It's mind boggling to think that God lives outside of time because He created time. It's neat how God used jetleg to teach me about Himself. Thinking about this lead me to make a list of God's attributes that I saw on my trip. Here's the list:

1. His Providence - God provided all the money and other details for my trip

2. His Sovereignty - God made sure the weather was clear for side trips. Also He took care of all the little details, such as flight arrangements. His sovereignty was seen in many different ways.

3. His Patience - He allowed His patience to shine through me when my flight to JFK got cancelled. The patience I had with the airline was definitely not mine, because I would have normally been really mad. It was kinda cool to see this.

4. His Holiness - I realized this attribute while working on my destiny of the heathen paper. I know that God is holy, but I guess I got a bit deeper knowledge.

5. His Love - God showed his love through the little things on the trip. Things such as the butterflies on the hike, the rainbow tuesday morning, and clearing the skies so I could see the stars. God is truly good to His children.

6. His Majesty and Beauty - These were made manifest by His glorious creation. He painted some pretty awesome sunsets that reminded me of Psalm 19:1. "The heavens declare the glory of God, the firmaments show His handiwork."

7. His Vastness - Standing and looking at all the stars reminded me how big God is. He created every single one of the stars and knows their names.

8. His Omniscience - It struck me while we were at Bible study in Andacombi that God truly does know all the languages. I knew this before the trip, but I guess it's more than just head knowledge now. He understood everything that was said. It's crazy.

9. His Omnipresence - It was comforting to realize in the first few days that God was with me in PNG and with my family back home.

10. His Eternality - As I mentioned, jetleg made me think how God has always been and always will be. He is outside of time. Ps 90:26ff says "... even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God."

I'm sure there are many more attributes that I saw but these are the ones that first came to my mind.

No comments: