Monday, August 27, 2007

Getting Settled

I am here at Davis and a new school year is about to begin. Things are really different this year. A lot of my friends graduated in May, so I'm missing them. We got a new R.D. this Summer. Her name is Cresanna Karhl. She seems pretty cool. I'm in a new room with no roommate. I have really never had my own room before (except for a few months at my mom's house). I'm enjoying the space and freedom that a single room brings, yet at the same time it can get lonely. I've met most of the freshman girls. They all seem nice. I think that it is going to be a good year in the dorms.

I'm working on putting a presentation together so I can share my trip with the churches that supported me. I've already completed two presentations but they either won't open or won't work right. Hopefully this one will be okay. I think my pictures are too big because I keep getting a notice saying "virtual memory is too low." I don't know. Someday I'll figure out this computer.

I'm slowly adjusting back to western culture and life. The transition is not as bad as I thought it would be. Little things still throw me off. For example the sugar in PNG is kinda a yellowish color and has bigger grains. So when I look at the sugar here in the states, it looks funny to me, almost like powder sugar. It's kinda weird being back. It's like I never left, as if PNG was all a dream. Of course every school year the summer feels like a dream. I can't believe that just 2 1/2 weeks ago I was on the other side of the world. Well I should get going. I have registration today. Fun, not really. The business office line is usually hours long. Oh well, I only have one more registration after this. Yeah!!!

No comments: