Monday, December 3, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Yes it is. The holiday season is upon us again and you can definitely feel the Christmas spirit here on campus. There is an excitement in the air. True that is partially because there is only 2 weeks left in the semester, but also we're excited about Christmas. I think this excitement gives us an extra energy boost to get through papers and final exams. It's a crazy stressful time, but the end is near. The light at the end of the tunnel can be seen, and it turns out it's a Christmas tree. Yes the halls are decked out with lights, doors wrapped in colorful paper, and there's even a tree in the prayer closet. When we need inspiration to continue with that ten page paper, all we have to do is look out our door and know Christmas is almost here.

Student development is doing their part to keep this excitement alive and well. This weekend we have all sorts of activities planned including a cookie bake and a door decorating contest. Last week I took a break from my homework (a.k.a. I procrastinated), and I decorated my door. Inspired by my Hebrew homework, I took the names from Isaiah 9:6 and put them on snowflakes in both Hebrew and English. I got really pretty snowflake wrapping paper for the background. The door turned out really nice. I'm excited about it.

Well, I'm awake much later than I should be. I have class in only 7 hours. Maybe I'll be able to post pictures later this week.

1 comment:

Corey Adams said...

Yah I hope you are able to get up for Hebrew at 7:25. Maybe it will be a snow day.